Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Gates and Muzzles - Ha!

Saints be Praised...these muzzles just slip right off with a little effort (  although I see that one of my humans has added a new hole to the strap - perhaps it will not come off so easily next time).   My family was a bit more trusting on a brief outing today - they left me with muzzle on and two gates setup to keep me in the den and kitchen.  I, however, being a canine of great skill and wit, found one gate's weak spot, and had the freedom of the house for a short time.   They arrived home to find that nothing was amiss.  They checked around carefully - and found all as they had left it.  After all, what do they think I am, an animal?  

They tested me again an hour later, leaving me with muzzle on, but no gates.  With no gates to test my ability, I amazed them with my Houdini-like ability, and met them at the front door sans-muzzle upon their return.  We all laughed about it.  I think they're starting to trust me.  And oh, one other big note - I have apparently conquered something called "stairs".   The humans were so excited - they're so easy to please.  I am beginning to see a bit more of their personalities surface each day - and I think my work here will be very satisfying.  I hope your life's work is satisfying too!  Good night! 

1 comment:

genji said...

So fun to watch their personalities and quirks emerge. Hopefully she'll getting a brother soon :)